Part Time Loss Prevention Officer - Overwaitea Food Group (Campbell River)
This job posting is no longer active, please click here to see other opportunities
Grow Your Law Enforcement Career With Us!
Overwaitea Food Group, who operates Save-On-Foods, Overwaitea Foods, Urban Fare, Cooper’s Foods and PriceSmart Foods, develops the best Loss Prevention Officers through a training program that sets each new employee up for success!
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain first-hand experience arresting individuals and want to develop the confidence to grow your career in Law Enforcement, join Overwaitea Food Group as a Loss Prevention Officer today!
LOSS PREVENTION OFFICER
As a Loss Prevention Officer, you will spend your days observing customers and blending in at store locations. Using your knowledge and expertise, you will identify situations of theft, fraud or mischief and take the appropriate actions to control the situation and apprehend suspects. You will also be responsible for following company policies to ensure the situation is safely and correctly handled including contacting the proper authorities and completing paperwork to proceed criminally. On occasion, you may be required to appear in court to ensure full justice is served.
As a Loss Prevention Officer you can expect:
- Comprehensive training program – 80 to 120 hours of classroom and on the job training
- Flexible work schedules
- Opportunity to work at different locations
- Minimum 24 hours per week with the potential for full time hours based on performance
- Opportunity for career development
- Hands on law enforcement experience
- Commitment to safety and the opportunity to make a difference
What you bring to the role:
- Internal motivation to succeed
- A genuine desire to catch criminals
- Strong work ethic and the ability to problem solve
- Strong physical ability to move quickly and crouch
- Desire to pursue a law enforcement career
- Completion of the Basic Security Training Course (BST) is a strong asset
Through becoming a Loss Prevention Officer with the Overwaitea Food Group, you will develop the confidence to handle any situation and develop your own voice to help develop your career in law enforcement!
Submit your application online today!
We thank all applicants for their resumes but only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps.